There are certain instances when you receive an error message indicating, ‘Printer Spooler Error’, ‘Printer connection failed’, etc while running it or printing your documents. You might also have received a ‘Please restart the spooler error messages; though the problem is quite frustrating but can be resolved easily. There are several methods that you can try to enable HP printer status spooling services. Check out all the possible methods to troubleshoot HP Printer Spooler issue from this article.
Before you apply any solution, you must know what does Spooling means on an HP printer, and what role does the printer spooler play. You must be familiar with how to reset a print spooler in HP printer, to solve any kind of printing issue. Check out all the details to learn how to reset the HP printer spooler from this article.
What is a Printer Spooler?
Have you ever wondered what does spooling mean on an HP printer? So, the term spooling is basically a computer programming term that organizes the data or information in a proper way. It makes it very easy for uses to use those data even across devices with low memory or battery. Spooling makes it quite simple and easy for users to handle the data across various devices. It helps you to troubleshoot HP printer not printing issues.
For the printer, it would be quite difficult to manage all the information about what you are printing, etc. It is because the printers don’t have fast and enough memory to store and manage these data. You might have received an error message, indicating ‘HP printer error spooling.’
This error message usually appears when your printer is unable to take your print command or if the print job is stuck in the print queue. In such cases, it is recommended to cancel or delete the stuck print command; this makes you able to run the print command again and to bring your printer in running status.
What Causes the HP print spooler to keep stopping?
There are various reasons that can prevent your printer from printing even after a successful command. Generally, the problem is encountered if one document has been sent to the printer and has been added to the print queue by the spooler. This makes all the print jobs behind in the queue and prevent them from printing. Several factors why your HP printer is spooling but not printing are given below:
- Sometimes, the print jobs may get stuck in the queue.
- There can be corrupted data or documents in the spooler. This makes it unable for your spooler to translate print commands so that the printer can understand them.
- Some sort of spooler service failure because of the issue in spooler software can bring your printer in an unstable state.
All the above-mentioned problems will stop your printer in its tracks and refuse to print any of your much-needed documents.
How do I Reset a Print Spooler In HP Printer?
You might be having a corrupted driver in your printer and this needs to be fixed at the earliest. Resetting a print spooler In an HP printer is very simple and easy. All you have to do is uninstall & reinstall the HP printer driver if you face any problem. To print the documents, you must resolve the print spooler problem. You have to follow the steps given below to reset the spooler of the HP printer:
- Click on the “start” button of the printer. Type in “Services.msc” in the search box and press enter.
- In the service window, scrolls down till you reach the print spooler option. Double-click on it to open the print spooler.
- Click on the “Stop” button and then click to “OK” button. Now the spooler of your HP printer may temporarily stop so you can reset it.
- Now, click on the “Start” button & in the search box type “%WINDIR%\system32\spool\printers.” Then, press the enter button.
- Delete all the files from the pops up folder.
- Again, go to the print spooler setting. For this, click on the “Start” button. In the start search file type in “Services.msc” & press enter button.
- Double-click on the print spooler to open it.
- Tap on the start button to reset the print spooler. At last, click on the “OK” button.
Hope the above-mentioned steps will help you to resolve the problem of the print spooler. After executing the above steps, check if your HP printer is working properly. If any issue still persists, contact HP printer assistant; they will help you in all possible ways. You can opt for any of the various methods available to contact their support team.
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I Enable HP printer spooling?
Usually, it is recommended that the printer spooling service must be enabled before you can print your documents. As, if the print spooler is not running, you may receive an error indicating, “The print spooler service is not running,” and this makes you unable to print your document to the printer.
What tool can you use to stop and restart the windows print spooler?
Type net stop spooler; i.e., C:\windows\system32\net stop spooler to stop the spooler. Then, wait till you get the following message: The Print Spooler service is stopping.
How do I clear the hp print spooler?
All you have to do is right-click on Print Spooler and then select Stop. Once the service is stopped, close the service window and browse to C:\Windows\System32\Spool\PRINTERS. Delete all files stored in the PRINTERS folder.