Are you facing HP laptop won’t turn on issue on your laptop even after pressing the power button? If yes, don’t panic. There can be several reasons that can create this problem for you. All you have to do is apply some troubleshooting methods to resolve the HP laptop won’t turn on even when plugged in properly. After knowing the reason behind your problem, check the status of your HP laptop’s battery. Along with that, you can remove the external devices connected to your printer, restore the BIOS settings, boot a rescue disk, remove the RAM, hard reset the device, etc.
Why My HP Laptop Won’t Turn On?
There can be many reasons why your HP laptop may not be turned on properly even after pressing the power button. You might have noticed the blinking of the light on your laptop screen after pressing the power button, but it may not work properly. Generally, the laptop displays a blank blue or black screen. Some of the main causes of this problem are:
- This issue can be caused due to poor battery or external hardware.
- HP laptop screen won’t turn on when the battery is damaged or not in a working condition.
- There might be some issue with the external device connected to your device as they may generate conflicts.
- Any problem related to the screen of your HP laptop can prevent it from turning on.
- You might be using an outdated version of the software in your HP laptop.
- There may be some issues with your device’s power supply.
How do I Fix the “HP Laptop Won’t Turn On” Problem Even When Plugged in?
There might be some problem with the battery of your HP laptop. In such a case, remove all the external devices connected to your laptop, or hard reset the device. Hard resetting the laptop can troubleshoot HP laptop won’t power up issues. In addition, you can install and run any third-party software to restore the default BIOS settings. You can apply any of the following methods to fix the HP laptop wireless button won’t turn on the issue:
Method 1: Check the Battery Status of Your HP Laptop
By now, you may have a fair idea that HP laptops cannot function properly if there is some issue with the power source or if it fails to work correctly. Therefore, it is recommended to check the condition of the battery of your laptop. You can check the condition of your device battery by following the steps given below:
- Firstly, ensure that the battery of your device is working properly.
- In case if there is any damage to the battery, replace it with a new one.
- You can also take out the battery and re-insert it again using the power source.
- If you are connecting the power charger to your device, make sure the power cable and its ports are not faulty. If the AC adapter or the cable is faulty, repair them.
- Use a different AC adapter to boot your device.
The HP laptop won’t turn on issue should stop if the above steps have been correctly followed.
Method 2: Restore BIOS Settings to Default
There might be some issues when your HP laptop won’t turn on but the charging light is on. In this case, your system might be unable to boot after the Windows update, sleep mode, or restoration of BIOS settings to default. To restore these settings, follow the steps given below.
- Tap and press the “Power” button for at least 5 seconds.
- Then, turn on your laptop.
- Press the “F10” key instantly and continuously press it until the “BIOS Settings” page appears on the screen.
- Thereafter, press the “F9” key and click on the “Yes” button.
- Press the “Enter” button. This will bring the BIOS to its default settings.
- Exit the “BIOS” page and restart the HP laptop and check if it is working properly.
Frequently Asked Questions
What to do if the HP laptop is stuck on restarting?
To resolve the HP laptop stuck on restarting issue, power off the laptop and then power it on. Then, press and hold the power button until the computer is properly turned off. Repeat the same process till you see the “Preparing Automatic Repair” screen.
Why is my HP laptop screen not turning on?
There can be multiple reasons that can create HP laptop computer won’t turn on issue. It can be due to outdated HP laptop drivers or due to issues in any external device connected to your device. There can be some problems with the settings of your CMOS battery.
How to Fix My HP Laptop When it won’t Turn on?
Firstly, ensure that your HP Laptop’s battery is properly working. Your device won’t turn on if there is any problem with its battery. It is also recommended to check for the power supply and screen of your device. Use the safe mode to boot your laptop and update your device along with the BIOS to fix many issues.